Monday, September 21, 2015

20150921 HOW QUICK DO YOU RESPOND?

HOW QUICK DO YOU RESPOND?

Matthew 9:9 As Jesus was walking along, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at his tax collector's booth. "Follow Me and be My disciple," Jesus said to him. So Matthew got up and followed Him.

In the Greek language this statement Jesus makes to Matthew is wrapped up in a single word, ἀκολουθέωakoloutheō. So, Jesus spoke a single word to Matthew and he dropped what he was doing, got up and followed Jesus.

When I started this blog I pointed out John 8:31-32 Jesus said to the people who believed in Him, "You are truly My disciples if you remain faithful to My teachings.  (32) And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

The question I’d like you to ask today is this, “How quickly do I respond when the Holy Spirit leads me?” Do you drop what you’re doing and follow Him immediately?


Father in heaven, thank You for Your Holy Spirit who guides us. Give us hearts that are quick to follow. In Jesus Name, AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment